The integrated course Protection in Networked Systems - Trust, Resilience, and Privacy covers the topics of computational trust, resilient and anonymous networks, and collaborative defense mechanisms. By attending this course, the students will be able to understand the problems and solutions in the context of networked systems. The course content will consider the concept of End-to-End systems emphasizing on users, devices, networks, and applications or services.
- Protection in Networked Systems: background, motivation, challenges
- Trust (Computational Trust): models and mechanisms
- Trust (Computational Trust): application in PKI, Cloud Computing, Reputation Systems, and Web Services
- Trust: regret management and device comfort
- Privacy: privacy definitions, models, data anonymity, communication anonymity
- Privacy & Trust: privacy-preserving trust models, mechanisms, and application to IDM
- Resilience: models, network intrusion detection systems, collaborative intrusion detection systems, honeypots, botnets, secure routing